Refilling chipped cartridges

jack 14:46 19 Mar 04

A friend uses a small device to 'reprogram' the chip on his Epson cartridges to enable them to be refilled.
I have an Epson R300, and got him to test the abilty of this device to do the same for the chip on this cart.
It did not give the resounding 'jobdone' beep as occurs with his own carts.
Question 1.Have Epson redesigned the chips?
Queston 2.I notice that he had a number f 'failed chips' where it did not work for them
Does any have any useful comment before I commit?

Diemmess 15:40 19 Mar 04

Epson certainly responded to the first DIY resetting gizmos, with a chip that would short-circuit with the resetter on insertion or removal even though their outline shape and function was identical.

Since the chips can be reset many times, the immediate answer was to keep the "old" chips and insert them (when reset) in the refilled cartridge.

I think you will find several adverts in the Mag small ads., or on a UK net addressess for cartridges and resetting devices.

woodchip 16:12 19 Mar 04

The chip re-setter is programmed to work with just one type of chip, you need to get one that works with your printer

spuds 19:04 19 Mar 04

More info: click here click here

spuds 19:13 19 Mar 04

Whoops- first link above should have been click here for epson cartridges.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…