Refill Kit used for Canon s630

david4637 15:51 01 May 04

I have just finished refilling the colours and black cartridges for my Canon s630 using Eurojet.
The only difficult part was drilling a hole 3mm hole in the top of the cartridge. This is used to inject the ink into the reservoir part of the cartridge. A plug is pushed in this hole to seal it.

When injecting the ink a lot of ink seems to be expelled from the sponge hole (this hole is for the printer head. It was this that surprised me and was the messy bit of the whole exercise.

I have NOT yet tried this “new ink” watch this space.

Questions

1. There is a small ball bearing in the top of each cartridge – what is it for?

2. Although I filled the reservoir part of the cartridge nearly to the top, after a short time the reservoir level dropped down to about half way – is this to be expected, if so would it be a good idea to top it again before putting the cart back into the printer?

Thanks David

Wak 16:36 01 May 04

I think the ball bearing is the sealer for the original filling hole when first made.
You might find this web site of interest and assistance. click here
Wak.

pj123 17:35 01 May 04

I packed up refilling cartridges a long time ago, due the time it took and the mess (and also hoping it worked in the end). Ready to use ink cartridges for the Canon S630 are £2.78 each from Choice Stationery including VAT and postage. Why bother refilling? Choice is at click here

david4637 16:13 02 May 04

I like a challenage having read all the negative problems of refilling. The Eurojet kit £11.74 will do another full ink refill. Further refill costs will probably be a quarter of the cost of a compatable cart because I will have bought the syringes, plugs etc, will just need to buy more ink. I now use the original cart sponge outlet caps which minimise the loss of ink through the sponge hole and the messy aspect is further reduced. Thanks David

david4637 16:23 02 May 04

Thanks the ball bearing was obviously used to seal the filling hole during manufacture. I tried to remove it but could not, therefore I drilled a 3 mm hole close by. Thanks David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…