Refill Ink Cartridge Kits

david4637 14:38 20 Apr 04

Would you please recommend a refill kit suitable for a Canon S630.

Please say –

Was delivery good.

Were the directions easy to follow.

Were the printing results as good as compatibles.

My Canon indicates the magenta ink tank is low, how does the software know – I don’t think Canon use chipped cartridges?

Thanks David

IClaudio 15:12 20 Apr 04's an eternal quest :)

But why mess about with refilling, is it really worth the effort?

I'd go for compatible cartridges and I'd recommend InkMasters - be careful, as some makes can clog up the printhead. I've tried several others and been disappointed (can't remember their names, and probably shouldn't mention them here anyway!). But InkMasters' cartridges have been performing well now for several months in my Epson. And they have a daily Special Offer (well, it says updated daily, but they are still offering 3 for the price of 2 on Epson cartridges, which is what I ordered)

click here

They also do Refill kits if you really must:
click here

IClaudio 15:17 20 Apr 04

isn't much good - but a search on S630 will get you plenty of results.

Glyn-252301 15:50 20 Apr 04

I would recommend this click here as they will repair or replace printer if damaged by their carts.
Regards G.

david4637 16:38 29 Apr 04

Thanks for your replies, I have ordered a kit with instructions from Eurojet at £11.74 with ink for 2 refills. Will let you know whether its worth it or not. Thanks David

doclaw 18:27 29 Apr 04

please does anyone know where i can get a refill kit for Hp printers

david4637 16:16 01 May 04

I have created a new post giving my experiences of using a refill kit. Thanks David

david4637 16:26 02 May 04

Choice do not do a refill kit for my canon printer (s630) I therefore went for Eurojet. Thanks David

Gongoozler 17:23 02 May 04

I bought this black refill kit for £3.99 click here, and this colour kit for £5.49 click here, expecting them to be rubbish but worth a try at the price. I was surprised to find them very good in my HP printer. Admittedly the quality is not quite up to that of HP originals, but at a small fraction of the price of the HP original they are good enough for most purposes.

Stuartli 17:42 02 May 04

If you have a Morrisons (or Safeway) near to you, you can buy the JR ink refill bottles (black and colour) kits at terrific prices at present.

Morrisons immediately added these and many other of the products it sells to the Safeway lineup, complete with the much lower prices than Safeway used to charge for many similar items.

There are also good deals on CD-R, CD-RW and other media.

Something else that may be of interest - Tesco has added general use picture paper (matte coated inkjet paper) to its shelves at £4.96 for 100 A4 sheets.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…