Refill Cartridge

COBBLER 20:01 10 Jun 03

Have just refilled Black Cartridge on my Lexmark X75 but it will not print in black.

timothywilliam 20:30 10 Jun 03

If it is the type of cartridge where you can clean the nozzles do so with a damp lint free cloth, then run "clean Heads".
That should do it.
To check, don't use the manufacturers system whereby a lot of ink is placed in a pattern when printed. I have a special file with font size of 20 in the primary colours and I just print that. Its good enough to see whether things are working.

Wak 21:39 10 Jun 03

Just a small point. If you had both the black and colour cartridges out of the machine, have they been put back in the right places?
The Black cartridge (Dark Green) should be on the right.
If the print head is blocked up, try standing the cartridge in about 1/4" of hot water (not boiling) in a saucer for about 30 minutes.
You could also try standing the cartridge on a damp paper tissue until the ink flows again.

Wak 21:42 10 Jun 03

P.S. The Ink-Tec refill kits from click here also include a rubber attachment and a separate syringe which is used to withdraw a small amount of ink through the print head after refilling thus ensuring a good ink flow through the head.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…