Referenced memory

exdragon 20:53 15 Jun 08

Hi - does anyone have any ideas about this error message I've been getting randomly on shutdown? I've googled it and it appears to be something to do with Adobe reader and its updates. I've checked it and there aren't any available. I don't know if it's just coincidence that it's only started happening since I had my PC reformatted and I re-installed all my programmes. I'm also getting problems with Photoshop CS3 and Bridge shutting down unexpectedly, which, being Adobe, makes me wonder if it's all linked. I've got 2GB RAM which should be fine.

dwwin.exe - DLL initialization failed - The application failed to initialize because the window station is shutting down OK
SW: AcroRd32.exe - Application Error - The instruction at "Ox5ad71531" referenced memory at "Ox00000014". The memory could not be "read". Click OK to terminate the program.

Thanks

MCE2K5 03:43 16 Jun 08

Have a read of this click here

and this click here

exdragon 07:20 16 Jun 08

Thanks for that - I've done as suggested in the first link, and your second one was where I got my original quote from.

I'll see what happens.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…