Reel to Reel Tape Recorder to Computer

Bingalau 20:24 18 Jun 06

I've got a Reel to Reel Tape Recorder and I have a computer (of course). My problem is that all my tapes were recorded at a different speed than the Tape Recorder plays at. (having been recorded on a different recorder). There is some good stuff on these tapes which I would like to move onto CD's but can't play them at the correct speed. Is there any way of adjusting the speed if I can get the sound onto the computer? I like my instructions as simple as possible if anybody has any.. Any ideas please?

pj123 12:10 19 Jun 06

Reel to Reel tape decks have 2 speeds, 3.75 and 7.5 ips, normally switchable.

If yours only records/plays at the standard 3.75ips speed then no you can't adjust it.

I have a 4 track mono/stereo tape deck that records/plays at both speeds.

If your tapes are not "personal" I would be willing to transfer them to CD for you. Just send me the tape and blank CDs and some stamps to cover the postage back to you.

email me via the envelope.

Bingalau 17:50 21 Jun 06

pj123... Just to thank you "In public" I really appreciate your kind offer and will be up in my attic later tonight.... Sounds like one of those coded messages sent by the BBC to the French Resistance during the last war doesn't it? ..Bingalau..

pj123 18:07 21 Jun 06

'ello, 'ello???

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced