Redundant registry entries puzzle

AlanHo 16:31 11 Jul 07

This is not a significant problem but a quest to satisfy my curiosity.

I have Vista Ultimate installed and do regular system back-ups using Acronis. Before making each back-up I run Crap Cleaner to remove redundant files and registry entries.

Last week I uninstalled a programme named TaxCalc using the uninstall feature in Control Panel. I ran CCleaner and it found 18 TaxCalc registry entries left behind - so I asked CCleaner to remove them before taking the Acronis back up.

This week I again ran CCleaner before doing the back up and to my surprise the same registry entries popped up again - so I deleted them. I immediately ran CCleaner again and the same thing happened.For some strange reason CCleaner did not delete these entries.

Being curious, I ran Reg Seeker and it found 61 registry entries for TaxCalc - which I asked it to delete. Yet again I ran CrapCleaner and the same 18 registry entries for TaxCalc were found.

Now very confused - I resorted to running Regedit - it found 11 registry entries for TaxCalc which I deleted. Upon running CCleaner again no TaxCalc entries were found and the system looks clean - confirmed when I ran Reg Seeker yet again.

I have always pinned a lot of faith in Crap Cleaner and Reg Seeker but this incident has raised doubts.

Can anyone throw some light on the matter.....?

rawprawn 17:28 11 Jul 07

sorry. I can't explain but if you want the ultimate click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac