Redundant programme titles in Add/Remove progs

Curio 20:13 18 Apr 05

in Control Panel. My son 'borrowed' my hard drive to import and save music files for his Ipod. Now he has his own Xp setup, i have deleted anything related to Ipod. However the files have gone but the Title remains in Add/Remove programs. How can i get rid please? Win XP SP2

Technotiger 20:18 18 Apr 05

Hi, if you have not already got it, download Powertoys for XP from Microsoft site, then use Tweak UI for XP, gives you the option to delete titles in add/remove.

Cheers.

Curio 20:22 18 Apr 05

Thanks for that, will give it a go.

Curio 20:43 18 Apr 05

Have downloaded Tweak UI. Cannot find anything about my problem within it. Where exactly should I be looking please?

keith-236785 21:55 18 Apr 05

you could try add/remove 4 good from click here. install, open the prog by double clicking the icon on your desktop, then try to uninstall the stuck entries, when it fails to find the uninstall files it plays an alarm and then asks if you want to remove the invalid entry. repeat to remove all the ipod entries (and any more you have that are stuck or dead).

good luck

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 22:42 18 Apr 05

Crap Cleaner click here
clears all temporry files scan for issues cleans the registry tools options alow you to delete redundent programs in ADD /REMOVE

mgmcc 09:15 19 Apr 05

You can delete the entries in the registry at:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Curio 10:28 19 Apr 05

Crap Cleaner did not do the job. Am now looking at mgmcc solution

Curio 12:20 19 Apr 05

HKLM\Software etc did not find these orphaned titles. They are obviously causing no problems. It is just that they are there!

Number 7 12:55 19 Apr 05

mgmcc's suggestion should have worked.

click here

bertiecharlie 13:02 19 Apr 05

Add/Remove Pro (Free programme) from click here might do it. Click on the Freeware link on the left hand side of the page.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…