Redundant AVG files

Hetti 16:02 22 Jul 08

I use Avast home free edition , but I see when I run a search I find dozens of files AVG7/AVG8 and Grisoft ect, I did have AVG installed a while ago but when I uninstalled it I thought all of these would go, looking at online Armour I see AVG is still sending uodates, how can I uninstall these as they are not showing in Add/Remove in control panel.

Also could this be causing problems on my PC, as I have had some freezing and slow running.

provider 2 16:15 22 Jul 08

It`s very important to use AVG`s own program uninstaller since, in common with other such programs, it has files which are protected from outside interference and Add or Remove will not shift them.

These could very easily cause a problem when running Avast!

I suggest you run AVG`s own uninstaller again, or if this fails to work you may have to disable Avast! then instal and uninstal AVG again in order to get rid of it.

mfletch 16:17 22 Jul 08

Download the latest installation file of AVG from the Download section of our website click here

After downloading, run this file and choose the Uninstall Product option in the dialogue Select Setup Type

Finish the uninstallation process and restart your computer.

If it does not remove them do it manually {right click delete

EFC1878 17:04 22 Jul 08

Try revouninstaller. Which uses the AVG unstaller then clears others file sfro the registry

Hetti 16:05 23 Jul 08

Thanks All

I did try revouninstaller and it seem to have done the trick.

Thanks again

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Animator Emanuele Kabu’s psychedelic video is a stunning tribute to Lisbon city

Best Mac antivirus 2017