reducing picture sizes

skinny123 23:59 26 Jul 06

Can anybody help? I can't seem to reduce the size of images and save them. I'm attempting it on Corel Photo Album 6.

I have used imageshack but people don't like the time it takes to upload.

I would like to be able to do it anyway

Thanks

Diodorus Siculus 08:41 27 Jul 06

Get Irfanview from click here and use it to open and save the images - it handles almost any format.

De Marcus™ 08:45 27 Jul 06

This little app is brilliant for batch photo size reduction click here

lily35 11:46 27 Jul 06

I completely agree with De Marcus. Visualizer Photo Resize is truly brilliant. It is a "must have" software.

Noldi 14:03 27 Jul 06

When you right click a picture in Explorer (Windows XP) and Send To - Mail recipient you get a option to reduce the picture size.
Noldi

rawprawn 19:59 29 Jul 06

click here New and excellent for all general uses, including resizing.

skinny123 22:11 29 Jul 06

I've downloaded Visualiser and think i've got the hang of shrinking photos but i'm getting refused by the amount of KB's when posting on a forum.....any ideas people?

DieSse 00:32 30 Jul 06

Is it that you have an upload limit in terms of KB for your images?

There are several ways to reduce the size of an image.

One is to actually reduce the image size - this will make the picture smaller and also reduce the file size

Another is to compress the picture more - this will reduce the file size.

Yet another is to reduce the number of colours.

All of these should be possible in Phot-Album, I would have thought.

To reduce the size of the image - look for a "Resize" in the menus.

To apply more conpression, resave the image in jpeg format (maybe it's already in jpeg format - that's OK) - in the "Save As" dialogue for jpgs, you will see a button for Options, or similar, which will allow you to apply more compression - more compression = smaller file.

Craig321 06:41 03 Aug 06

to retain the picture dimensions but reduce the size as in data save the image as .png or .gif

wee eddie 07:53 03 Aug 06

Keep your original.

Make copies and edit the copy before sending it.

skinny123 18:51 03 Aug 06

Hello again people. I've downloaded Faststone image viewer and actually reduced a images kb size but can not remember how......any reminders please, it's doin my head in

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…