Reducing JPEGs for email

DRiM 14:39 13 Oct 03

Hi, my digital camera (Fuji 401) takes fantastic pictures which I want to email to the family, unfortunately, each pic is more than 1Mb and takes an eternity to download.

I know there is a way to make them into a smaller file using Paint Shop Pro, but don't know how to do it.

Can anybody help?

Thanks,
DRiM

Â ÑÌÇKÑÂMË 14:43 13 Oct 03

I use Irfanview to do this click here then open you pic up in irfanview then select save as from the file menu it will save your pic as a jpeg but with the size cut down,just dont send the wrong 1 lol.

hoverman 14:46 13 Oct 03

I have Paint Shop Pro 8. To reduce the image size click on 'Image' and then 'Resize' and enter the required value in 'Pixel dimensions' - I enter around 700 for width. Make sure that there is a tick in the 'Lock Aspect ratio' box to keep same proportations.

hoverman 14:47 13 Oct 03

Sorry, 'Proportations' should read 'proportions'

davejo 14:49 13 Oct 03

Open PSP and go to 'Image' then go down to resize, then just follow the on screen instructions, worth knowing that its better to resize by % rates rather than pixels size. If your not happ with the new size then just go back and change it again, till you get it right. I would also save the new image as a different file name so as not to lose the original.

davejo 14:51 13 Oct 03

I have PSP 8 also and you cant change the size by % rates.....you could on earlier versions, so sorry about that

DRiM 15:13 13 Oct 03

Thanks very much for the help. I will do that!

DRiM

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…