Reduced web pages on screen

Russ100 09:06 17 Sep 04

I am posting this query on behalf of a friend who is running XP on his new PC.

A button has been hit which has resulted in web pages opening up in the centre of the screen (in full i.e. the whole page is visible but in a reduced form).

The page has to be maximised each time, which is an annoyance rather than a problem.

I know nowt about XP - can anyone help?

Cheers

moore_mat 11:37 17 Sep 04

Hi Russ100

I'm not too sure I follow your description... Do you mean that the user wants internet pages to open up full screen when he opens Internet Explorer? If so; then you just need to open one screen on its own; maximise it; then shut it down. Windows always remembers the last state you had an internet screen and opens all others the same way. When you close IE; it saves that "state".

If you mean the page is viewed in minature; then it might be a text size issue; if you click on View at the top and select Text size from the list - you can choose something more normal to read...

Let us know if that sorts it.

All the best

M@

Russ100 11:50 17 Sep 04

Thanks for the response Matt.

It's always a problem when you're not actually sitting in front of the PC, and only get a second hand report of what the problem is.

You've given me something to work on though and I'll let you know the outcome.

Cheers.

Russ100 13:03 17 Sep 04

It seems that the 'problem' is that when a page is 'opened in a new window', it defaults to a minimised view, which apparently is a nuisance if multiple windows are opened - each one has to be maximised.

Is this just a quirk of Windows or is anyone aware of how to fix this?

VoG II 13:11 17 Sep 04

Close all windows except the small one. Drag its sides to fill the screen (do not use the maximise button). File/Close (do not use the X button).

Russ100 13:54 17 Sep 04

Yet again VoG has the answer!

Thanks, as ever, for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Acer Predator Triton 700 review

D&AD Awards 2017: see the best design, advertising, illustration, animation and VR of the past year

How to lose weight with an Apple Watch