Reduced web pages on screen

Russ100 09:06 17 Sep 04

I am posting this query on behalf of a friend who is running XP on his new PC.

A button has been hit which has resulted in web pages opening up in the centre of the screen (in full i.e. the whole page is visible but in a reduced form).

The page has to be maximised each time, which is an annoyance rather than a problem.

I know nowt about XP - can anyone help?

Cheers

moore_mat 11:37 17 Sep 04

Hi Russ100

I'm not too sure I follow your description... Do you mean that the user wants internet pages to open up full screen when he opens Internet Explorer? If so; then you just need to open one screen on its own; maximise it; then shut it down. Windows always remembers the last state you had an internet screen and opens all others the same way. When you close IE; it saves that "state".

If you mean the page is viewed in minature; then it might be a text size issue; if you click on View at the top and select Text size from the list - you can choose something more normal to read...

Let us know if that sorts it.

All the best

M@

Russ100 11:50 17 Sep 04

Thanks for the response Matt.

It's always a problem when you're not actually sitting in front of the PC, and only get a second hand report of what the problem is.

You've given me something to work on though and I'll let you know the outcome.

Cheers.

Russ100 13:03 17 Sep 04

It seems that the 'problem' is that when a page is 'opened in a new window', it defaults to a minimised view, which apparently is a nuisance if multiple windows are opened - each one has to be maximised.

Is this just a quirk of Windows or is anyone aware of how to fix this?

VoG II 13:11 17 Sep 04

Close all windows except the small one. Drag its sides to fill the screen (do not use the maximise button). File/Close (do not use the X button).

Russ100 13:54 17 Sep 04

Yet again VoG has the answer!

Thanks, as ever, for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…