reduced size screen display

notrom 11:52 20 May 05

My computer has suddenly started opening in what appears to be different display properties. There is a half inch black border around the desk top (and any opened programmes). Font sizes on anything are oversized and colour resolution is poor; desk-top icons seem oversized, with the result there’s no longer room for them all. Opening Display Properties in Settings tells me that screen area is set for 640 x 480 pixels (the smallest) and colours is set for 256 colours; I am displaying large fonts (125% normal size). Unfortunately, because of the reduced screen size, there is not room for the buttons at the bottom of Display Properties, so although I can alter the settings, I can’t click on the OK button to accept the changes. This is driving me mad -can anyone help, please?

Border Collie 12:03 20 May 05

You can move the display setting window up by pointing to the blue bar at the top and dargging up slightly.

Try 800 x 600 setting and Apply.

Border Collie 12:03 20 May 05

You can move the display setting window up by pointing to the blue bar at the top and dargging up slightly.

Try 800 x 600 setting and Apply.

notrom 13:28 20 May 05

border collie, thanks but have tried that - can't drag it up suffiently!

DieSse 14:09 20 May 05

Just press the enter key - this should activate the changes

DieSse 14:30 20 May 05

Or - if it doesn't - hit the tab key to change the focus to the OK key (I know you can't see the OK key - so you may have to experiment with how many times you hit the tab key) - then hit Enter.

notrom 14:49 20 May 05

DieSse - genius! problem sorted and my grateful thanks. Cheers!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…