Reduced capacity on hard drive.

bruno 17:16 30 Sep 06

I noticed today that my 200gb hard disc is showing 121gb as its full capacity.I have only used 52gb,so where has the rest gone.I thought I had lost it to Acronis in their security zone but it does not seem to be the reason.Any suggestions welcome.

Diodorus Siculus 17:36 30 Sep 06

Has it ever shown the full 200gb?

Some bios versions have a limitation of 120GB I believe.

Right click my computer and choose manage, then disk management and see what is there.

bruno 18:11 30 Sep 06

There are two sections.In the top one the readings are..capacity..121.11gb..free space..68.33gb...%free 56%.

The lower section says ..disc 0..basic 186.31gbThen there are two boxes.The first one has121.11gb The second one 65.16 unallocated.
I know I have only used 52.bg.

Diodorus Siculus 18:14 30 Sep 06

Right click on the unallocated space and you should be able to make another disk from it; if there is an option to format, choose that.

bruno 18:42 30 Sep 06

I took unallocated to mean that it was unused.If I format it will it affect anything else on the drive?Excuse my ignorance but I have not tried this before.

Diodorus Siculus 18:43 30 Sep 06

Formatting it will not cause a problem to the machine; what will happen is that another drive will then show up in "my computer" and you can use it as you wish.

bruno 18:50 30 Sep 06

Took your advice and have now recoveredd all my disc space.I now have an extra partition,which I can live with.If I wanted it all on my C partition is it much of a problem?Thanks for your help,most instructive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…