Reduce Win 7 start-up applications.

the.hick 08:22 29 Sep 13

My daughter's Toshiba laptop has become slower at start-up over the past three years, and CCleaner reveals many apps.in the 'start-up' list, which I believe slow it down. Is there any way of knowing which ones are essential to leave enabled in this list? I presume, if they are all dis-abled, the laptop will not start at all, or only in safe-mode. Any advice would be much appreciated, thank you.

chub_tor 10:15 29 Sep 13

If you disable them all the laptop will still run but you might find that certain essential applications such as your virus protection need to be started manually. Personally I have only 3 applications that run on start up, anti-virus, a clock/weather widget and an internet connection adviser. Everything else such as Google Tool bar, sound indicator, Quicktime, AMD Catalyst etc are left for me to start manually.

You can get a lot of help from Google here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 10:54 29 Sep 13

I'm assuming it came with a lot of preinstalled (crapware) software that you never use

PC Decrapifier will remove those programs for you

CCleaner startup option under tools will allow you to disable / enable startup items easily until you decide if you need them or not.

the.hick 12:41 29 Sep 13

chub_tor and Fruit Bat /\0/\, thanks for advice, I shall now dis-able several of them with confidence. Will also download PC Decrap., sounds useful.

chub_tor and Fruit Bat /\0/\, thanks for advice, I shall now dis-able several of them with confidence. Will also download PC Decrap., sounds useful.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac