Reduce the size of photo's for sending in a email

weatherstation 15:02 05 Feb 09

Hi everybody. I'm sure there is a way of sending photos with as an attachment in an email without them taken a week to send and receive. If anybody can point me in the right direction, I would very much appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

rawprawn 15:09 05 Feb 09
  rawprawn 15:12 05 Feb 09

This is abetter link click here

oldbeefer2 15:12 05 Feb 09

I would suggest Google's Picasa - a good way to organise pictures and reduce them for emails. click here

T I M B O 15:29 05 Feb 09

There is a wonderful easy tool that comes from Micorsoft & it's totally free, have a look at this web site, you are looking for "Image Resizer"

click here

You just right click the photo and look for image resizer tool.

NewestRoyWidd1 15:39 05 Feb 09

Irfanview click here offers an easy to use image resizing toolbox.I use it frequently to reduce the size of photos to be sent as email attachments.

rawprawn 16:13 05 Feb 09

I agree, but unfortunately it doesn't work with Vista

skidzy 16:17 05 Feb 09

I currently do a quite a bit of work with photos for either uploading to the web or emails and this is an excellent little tool that does most of the work for you.

Shrink Pic click here

T I M B O 16:23 05 Feb 09

If you are using windows mail on vista, then the image resizer is built into the email client. As yet there is no software as i had mentioned before for Vista, it is only intended for xp only at this time as the forums will indicate.

click here

skidzy 16:40 05 Feb 09

An easy approach from withing Vista itself click here

Or the easiest way that requires no action by yourself to resize.

Install SHRINK PIC
Open Windows mail
Select Attach
Navigate to your Photo and open
This will automatically be resized to your preference that can be set within ShrinkPic.
And your done.

weatherstation 16:43 05 Feb 09

Hi, Thanks very much to all those who took the time to help me. I very much appreciate all your help. I will try all the various options you all gave me. Thanks again for everybody's help. The PC Advisor Forum is the best Forum around.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5