Reduce Size of Aplication windows

Ex plorer 19:11 19 Sep 05

Hi I think I may know the problem that I have been having.

When I drag a window it leaves multiple layers of its self until I stop, and scrolling is like waves rolling up and down the screen.

I just had a look at the screen resolution 1280 x 1040 I then set it at 800 x 600 and restarted the PC.

I right clicked the desktop clicked on properties and the Display properties window came up, and it took all of the screen up no sign of the OK Cancel Or Apply buttons it was that big.

I have reset back to 1280 x 1040 but how do I reduce the size of the windows. I must have done it but can’t remember.

Bad of sight getting old.

Gota get me tea now will be back.

Ex

GaT7 20:32 19 Sep 05

Are you saying that when you reduce screen resolution from 1280 x 1024 to 800 x 600, you do NOT have the problem of "multiple layers of its self until I stop, and scrolling is like waves rolling up and down the screen"? (this is your earlier post for this problem click here, if anyone needs to know more).

I don't think there's a way to reduce the Display Settings window, as such - but I may be mistaken. 1280 x 1024 appears like the native resolution for your monitor - it's a large-screen monitor, isn't it? 800 x 600 may be too low for it, so try a 1024 x 768 & see how that suits you & the problem.

My monitor is just a 15" one, so a 800 x 600 suits it well, see click here. G

lotvic 22:01 19 Sep 05

My monitor is 19" large screen and I have it set for 1024 x 768 in Display Settings

also In Taskbar > Properties > Start Menu > customize I have a dot in 'Display large icons' for icon size for programs.

Ex plorer 09:07 20 Sep 05

Hi I have sorted the problem, when I changed resolution to a higher setting I then compensated by making fonts larger etc.

I have now made the readjustments in Display properties.

I then had to adjust the monitor settings, as the picture was to small.

I can now view at 6000x800 no problem.

17" monitor.

Ex

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…