redirected google + lost restore points

JYPX 21:12 09 Jul 04

Google.com is currently loading as google.it and also I have lost all my system restore points. spybot, ad-aware, pestpatrol and spysweeper all found nothing. cwshredder found 1 item but google is still redirecting. Any ideas please?? Running fine otherwise, and new restore point set ok....

stalion 21:15 09 Jul 04

have you run a virus scan? click here

JYPX 21:25 09 Jul 04

stalion - I have norton but I am also just running the trend micro online scan - then I will try the one you suggest. Will report back later.

JYPX 22:29 09 Jul 04

escan found and removed trojan but I am still unable to go to google.com - redirected to google.it

stalion 22:40 09 Jul 04

are you using internet explorer on xp?

stalion 22:49 09 Jul 04

try clearing your internet history and cache

JYPX 22:50 09 Jul 04

stalion - yes I am. Why?

gudgulf 23:01 09 Jul 04

Ive just looked on the Google FAQ list and one answer is that If you type google.com you will be redirected to the local site for the region you are in.For example when I type google.com ,I get google.co.uk.

I get the Italian site if I type google.it,is that what you are getting?

A google search for google.it also revealed this click here which has been the subject of threads on this forum !

stalion 23:01 09 Jul 04

this was why click here

gudgulf 23:04 09 Jul 04

Oh and try this click here to get rid of all your temporary files.

gudgulf 23:19 09 Jul 04

One other thought --Have you tried the google toolbar?.Just wondering if using that would avoid the redirection.It also has a good pop-up blocker.

Ps only posted the link form my google search because it amused ME,lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…