Redhat Lunux Installation

ILB 15:47 04 Jan 03
  ILB 15:47 04 Jan 03

I am running WindowsXP(Home)and my HD is already partioned "C" and "D". I want to try out Linux and have bought RedHat Linus for Dummies with CD's which says I can install on "D" if I want - but not how! RedHat does not seem to ask me where I want to install it either. As I have nothing else on "D" this appears to be the ideal place for Linux and I can then use "destructive repartioning", i.e. RedHat can do what it likes without upsetting Windows. Any suggestions as to how I can make sure it is installed on "D" will be appreciated.
Thanks.

woodchip 15:56 04 Jan 03

Normally linux creates it's own filing system i.e it does not need a partition as such. With regard's to your second query yes you can install within windows but it will not be as stable it will also run slower there are other things that just cannot remember but to run in windows is one way of getting to know the software you should create a folder in explorer and load to that folder call it "RedHat" you need to read the dummies install instructions chapter

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…