redesigned site

steven_frost 19:26 27 Aug 03

ok been working on my web site and changed it ( click here ) to this i'm using a test base to get views of it if you wish to check out my first attamped then view click here open and honest views are welcomed

I have tried to post a message to your guest page but get the following error message :-
FrontPage Run-Time Component Page
You have submitted a form or followed a link to a page that requires a web server and the FrontPage Server Extensions to function properly.

This form or other FrontPage component will work correctly if you publish this web to a web server that has the FrontPage Server Extensions installed.

Click the <Back> arrow to return to the previous page.
I presume this is because the site is still in test mode. the hyperlinks throughout the site are difficult to see due to the colours other than that I think it's a good site.

Forum Editor 19:54 27 Aug 03

But both of them are in need of some tuning.

It strikes me that you have too many pages - is it necessary to give each Princess a full page? Perhaps you could get them all on one easy to read page by creating a table and putting the images in one column - say on the left - and the text in another. That way everything will line up neatly, and look more professional.

Tables are the web designer's friend, they make laying out pages so much easier, and the results look far better.

There are many errors of grammar and punctuation in the text throughout the site, and that should be rectified. Nothing detracts more from the professional look of a web site than errors in spelling, punctuation and grammar.

I know you've worked hard on this - I remember seeing your very first version - but it needs a lot more work in my opinion. Open and honest views you wanted, so that's what I've provided. There comes a point in designing a web when you hit a wall - you're fed up with tweaking and fiddling, and you just want to get the site on the server. That's the time to force yourself on - leave it and you're likely to accept second best.

Keep at it - there's a good site in there waiting to get out, and between us we'll crack it. If you want me to edit a couple of pages of text for you, just to show you how I would present the material, let me know in the thread - I'll provide you with an email address to which you can send a Word doc.

steven_frost 20:05 27 Aug 03

God you lot are hard to please.
Handyd

they wont work due to the fact i cant publish from FP so they won't work but i know they work on the main site

FE thanks again for your open and honest thoughts it does semm like i am slamming my self into a brick wall and i do agree with what you say the email address would be of some help also what you would like in this word doc

I really do know their is a good site in their screaming to get out and say hello to the world

Forum Editor 22:29 27 Aug 03

called: herne_bay_text

Copy & paste all the text on your site pages into the doc - head each section of text with the url or with a simple page title, something you'll recognise.

Change the text font to 10pt Arial before you send the file. Send me an email (with the Word doc attached) to:-

[email protected]

In the subject line put:-

For FE - site text as requested.

Please don't expect a lightning response - I have a very full Thursday and Friday - but I will send the edited file back to you at the weekend.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…