Redacting in Open Office

Glen 12:49 20 Jul 09

I am using Open Office 3.1 and have tried Redacting (new word?) a document. Easily done by selecting text, then highlighting in black and changing font to black. The problem is how to stop a recipient from un-redacting, and thereby reading the blacked out section. Have tried everything in the Edit/Change section, but unsuccessful.Help please.
Glen

Taff™ 13:31 20 Jul 09

What exactly are you trying to achieve? You going to send this document to someone but what do they need to do with it?

jimv7 13:33 20 Jul 09

Why not just cut the offending text out prior to sending.

Stuartli 13:40 20 Jul 09

You're not an MP by any chance?

..:-))

Why not, as suggested, Delete the unwanted sections and then sending the document after first creating a separate copy for reference purposes?

six-h 14:10 20 Jul 09

Try this: - click here

Batch 14:12 20 Jul 09

I'm assuming that you want to maintain the underlying text so that all the surrounding stuff stays in position. Unless there is some way to prevent another user changing the document back it is going to be difficult.

One possibility might be to select the areas to be redacted and overtype them with garbage and then highlighting etc.

The only real alternative I can think of is to do as you have already done and then create a pdf file from the result and send that instead (there are plenty of free pdf creators out there).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…