Red 'X' where pictures should be !

Barty Boy 17:36 29 Jul 03

Hi, I am running windows XP with Internet Explorer 6 and recently have experienced red 'X's on internet pages where the pictures should be? Have right clicked on the mouse and tried to 'View Picture' but nothing happens? I also experience the same thing when I dowload e-mails which arrive in webpage format I.e from etc Can't remember ever having this problem before is there any little checkbox hiding somewhere that I need to check?

OneSirKnight 17:42 29 Jul 03
  OneSirKnight 17:45 29 Jul 03
  OneSirKnight 17:45 29 Jul 03

sorry about first link,2nd ok

sneakerman 17:51 29 Jul 03

I recently had this problem when I visited expedia. It turned out to be Kazaa, there is a hosts file associated with it that had an entry for expedia, I just mad a change to it (I think I put an X at the start of the line) and went back onto expedia and pictures were displayed.
I would be interested to hear if this helps

User-312386 17:56 29 Jul 03

In Internet Explorer go to tools>internet options>advanced

Now scroll down the list and see in "Multimedia" section if the box is checked that says "show pictures" and also uncheck the box that says "show image download placeholders"

then click apply

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Switch price…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…