Red X Again!

shingar 23:25 18 Mar 06

The images on my web pages are showing a red x. I had this problem before and I was able to reinstall the os and IE which solved the problem. This time it has not. My os is Windows ME. I think this happened because my computer dedected a virus which was Trojan Horse Downloader but I was able to get rid of that. Can anyone suggest whats wrong?

rdave13 23:35 18 Mar 06

Try IE >tools >programs >reset web settings and tick IE should check to see whether it is the default browser.

shingar 00:13 19 Mar 06

thanks for the advice but this hasn't worked.

rdave13 00:18 19 Mar 06

Try a reeboot.

Madronwell 00:23 19 Mar 06

Hi

I'm having a similar problem but only one site in particular is effected, yet I can access this same site on my laptop with no problems! I have XP, service pack 2, Internet Explorer 6. I have reset web settings, cleared the cache and still having the same problem. I don't have any problems with any other site. I even resorted to clean re-install of my pc but to no avail. Any ideas would be much appreciated as it's starting to baffle me big time now! I have tried viewing this site on Opera and marginally better! If I need to uninstall Internet Explorer, please can someone let me know how I do it as there is nothing in my add/remove programs option in Control Panel.

Cheers

Aimi

rdave13 00:28 19 Mar 06
  Madronwell 00:35 19 Mar 06

Cheers mate; shall give that a go.
Just one more question - it says that I need Windows XP CD-rom available which I don't have; I only have my recovery disk which came with my pc. Any ideas what I can do?

rdave13 00:40 19 Mar 06

Try the second method. Believe xp disk not needed.

shingar 00:41 19 Mar 06

Reboot doesn't do the job either.

Madronwell 00:42 19 Mar 06

Ok mate, shall try that; thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Madronwell 00:51 19 Mar 06

Hi Dave

Just tried the second option and received the following message - 'IEXPLORE.EXE' on Windows XP Home Edition CD-ROM is needed. Type the file path where the file is located, and click ok.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now