Red X ?????????

gudda96 13:10 11 Dec 03

I am receiving a box with Red X in it instead of an emotion or picture.

Can it be to do with Flash(whatever that is) or my display/color settings, mine is set at 16 bit.

Thank you

Jester2K II 13:21 11 Dec 03

Could be?

Were are you getting it and when?

gudda96 15:07 11 Dec 03

One friend sent an e-mail with an emotion(yellow face) and when I replied it arrived with her as an X

Another friend has a ebpage and he invited me to look at holiday pics but again, an X.

Jester2K II 15:09 11 Dec 03

How do you get your mail? Web page, Outlook Express?

Is your PC still connected to the net when you open the mail?

Who is the ISP?

gudda96 16:21 11 Dec 03

I use FS, I open my mail with Mailwasher (spam filter) and then OE but I read my mail off line.

Jester2K II 16:23 11 Dec 03

The problem is the pictures are ON-LINE and you are trying to view them OFF-LINE. Any links to pictures on webpages won't work whilst you are OFF-LINE as there is no active connection.

Try opening the mail whilst still ON-LINE.

COL666 16:26 11 Dec 03

Normally the red x indicates a broken link to a picture. So, in the example above, the web server could not find 008142830001.D1.jpg
it might be a problem with the settings on your PC, have you unchecked your internet explorer security settings or options. Make sure that you are not set to not allow images (under tools options)

Jester2K II 16:29 11 Dec 03

The mail is being viewed in Outlook Express not IE so that doesn't apply here.

gudda96 16:55 11 Dec 03

My "show image downloaders" is NOT ticked
is that right

I think you are right Jester, will get friend to send again..

I HAVE JUST tried it and yes, I was trying to view off line.

Jester2K II 17:13 11 Dec 03

The options in IE are not linked to OE - ignore COL666.

You could just try opening an old e-mail on-line.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…