red orange light

donnka 19:16 20 Jan 04

i recently reinstalled windows xp back on to my computer to have a fresh install , ive noe experienced some problems , the cd drive seems to make the computer frezze , dont think it could be the drivers as i used the same one i had created on my back up disks , ive also noticed that the computer light the one that flashes when your doing something was i think green , now seems to flashing a red orange colour , is this normal or is there a problem there too ,

LeadingMNMs 20:24 20 Jan 04

Did you open up the case at all. If so just check that all cables are pust well in.

billyliv 20:33 20 Jan 04

Hi, I would say that normal is Green light --Power on, Red (Orange) light-- Hard drive working. Cheers, Bill

Bris 20:41 20 Jan 04

If you are referring to the light on the CD drive some have a multi coloured LED that gives a different colour according to the type of media being written to in the case of a burner it could be orange for a CD-R and red for a CD-R)and whether a cd is being read in which case its usually green. The fact that the CD drive freezes the PC and you have noticed a change in the light colour does seem to indicate a problem in that area.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…