Red lettering with double square leading to pop-up ad

sunnypete 18:10 10 Apr 14
Answered

On this site only, I think, I am getting words in red with a double square, clicking leads to a small pop-up ad. Is this normal or some sort of malware? Virus and malware scans don't show it.

sunnypete 18:13 12 Apr 14

In spite of many people viewing my posting, no one has responded. Does no one else have this oddity? Is it connected in some way to my recent installation of AVG?

rdave13 18:34 12 Apr 14

It's just advertising that helps with the revenue of this site. Funnily enough they're in blue for me.

rdave13 18:41 12 Apr 14

Hmm.. they are now red and when I roll over with my mouse pointer the ad opens but only to a black square. I can't see the ad.

sunnypete 20:54 12 Apr 14
Answer

rdave13 Thanks, glad its not my imagination, they open for me, just a bit of a nuisance...

bumpkin 21:18 12 Apr 14

Just ads ignore them

rdave13 21:23 12 Apr 14

bumpkin

You should always click on the link to keep this site free.

Lord knows it would be pretty boring without PCA whatever the 'net provides.

bumpkin 21:46 12 Apr 14

rdave, "You should always click on the link to keep this site free."

Free of ads would be nice but not financially viable. I watch TV and put up with the so called breaks.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…