Red i's and l's

bremner 18:13 05 Jul 04

Fired up my machine at work today and all the i's and l's on menus, desktop icons, start menu entries etc etc are now red instead of black.

Has anyone ever come across this before and can explain why and how to stop it.

Thanks

alB 19:09 05 Jul 04

Bit of a stab in the dark but could anyone have loaded one of those annoying "computer prank" programmes onto your machine...alB

bremner 19:12 05 Jul 04

No that is not possible.

end 19:16 05 Jul 04

a thought.....is only your machine affected or are you in a "link" or" loop" and more than one has "got it"??????

VoG II 19:17 05 Jul 04

System Restore?

bremner 19:22 05 Jul 04

end

Sorry I'm being dense but I don't know what you mean by link or loop. But yes it is only my machine effected.

Vog

That is a consideration - but I would be interested in knowing what it is and why it has happened.

end 19:22 05 Jul 04

...perhaps....it HAS BEEN "fired up"......

end 19:24 05 Jul 04

am "thinking " OF "computer networks"...or something along those lines...........

bremner 19:29 05 Jul 04

It is on a small network with two other machines only sharing printers and the 'Shared Folder'. They are not connected to the internet and only have licensed genuine software.

Neither of the other machines are effected.

Diodorus Siculus 19:37 05 Jul 04

Possibly a corrupted system font; try changing it to another via the display options (right click on desktop).

bremner 19:40 05 Jul 04

Good thought will try that in the morning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…