RED HAT

vinnyo123 16:22 12 Dec 03

Hi there I am interested in trying redhat OS for networking managment.I saw recently secure shell being used on a campus LAN and was pretty impressed of its capabilites off management for a FREE OS and tools available.Does anyone know which OS this actually is Enterprise edition or Fedora.I am in the process of downloading the three i386 files for fedora and just wanted to now if I am going in the right direction.I have been a windows man for years O BOY and alittle new to linux(redhat) any info would be greatly appreciated...Thanks in advance!!!!!!

s3mt3x 12:27 16 Dec 03

SSH is included with most distros mate. If your downloading the 3 cd version that will be more than enough to get you going - see another post for a quick set up guide

click here

but make sure you have a handy book when installing - all of the partitioning etc can be quite overwhelming. For loads of advice i reccomend this site click here

Its got loads of tutorials etc which should xat least get you into kde or gnome :).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…