Red Crosses

muddypaws 08:46 09 Mar 07

Apologies as I know there have been two recent threads on this, but I can't find them.
I am trying to enter one of my contact's 'my space ' on WLM. I can get to his space, but all links (photos etc) when clicked on open with the dreaded red crosses in the thumbnails. I have tried with firewalls off and pop up blockers off(Win XP Home SP2 IE6) with no luck. Can someone remind me please. ( The contact has given me permission to enter)
Thanks.

Technotiger 09:08 09 Mar 07

This applies to emails, but it might help ..

click here

muddypaws 09:26 09 Mar 07

Technotiger.
Thanks for quick reply. Just off to work. Will try later.

VoG II 09:47 09 Mar 07
  muddypaws 19:04 09 Mar 07

VoG.
I have gone through all that including the links to Norton where I have added the site under web content and added the HTML string, checked the Java and Activex settings are allowed.Temporarily lowered the firewall settings.
Still no access. It is a Windows Live Spaces site so I can't post the link to it for anyone to test.
So am at a loss!

D@ve 19:14 09 Mar 07

The red crosses are often due to a fault at the server's end. You will have to get someone else to try the web page that can get access to it.

muddypaws 19:17 09 Mar 07

D@ve. The rest of his contacts can receive OK. Perhaps it is Tiscali again my end.
Anyway --thanks.

muddypaws 22:02 09 Mar 07

Well I have just d/loaded the latest version of SpySweeper ( 5.3.2 build 2361) and the problem has gone!!!
What was that all about.
Thanks all.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Fresh New Fonts of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced