Red Cross

Chattyone2 11:05 12 Dec 03

Hi
I am still battling to solve the problem of receiving a picture imbedded in an email which is fine. However when I forward it all the recepient gets is a sqaure with a red cross in it. This also happens with some of my email stationery. So far I have done the following without success. I am using XP Home:
If they were sent as attachments, open OE click on tools-options-security and uncheck the box that says Do not allow attachments that could be a virus to be opened, then click apply.
In Internet Explorer check that the box next to Tools/Internet Options/Advanced/Multimedia/Show Pictures is ticked.

UnderMultimedia in the Advanced window I only have unchecked "Dont display online Media content on the media bar and Smart Imaging dithering.Is this correct?

Has anyone got other things I can try ...desperatly yours

AndyJ 11:26 12 Dec 03

I suspect that if you can receive the pic OK and the other person can't, then the fault probably lies with the recipient's machine.

Try sending an email to yourself with a picutre attached. If you get it OK then it's not you.

If you don't, then look under Tools / Options / Send tab in OE.

If you're OK then the recipient has probably got their email set to to text only and not HTML

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…