Recycler Folder

anniesboy68 16:10 23 Feb 07

I have suddenly started getting files in my recycle bin that I have not deposited there. A few times its been a "RB4" file which I have deleted, and now another has appeared also, a "RB20" file. The source is C\:RECYCLER and the value of the file/s is O [zero]. Has anyone got any ideas of why this has suddenly started, and what is the folder "RECYCLER" ? please

VoG II 16:12 23 Feb 07

It is your Recycle Bin.

anniesboy68 16:22 23 Feb 07

VOG, thanks for that. However, what are these files RB4 etc, where are they comming from, and how are they getting in there?

anniesboy68 16:36 23 Feb 07

I should mention that they are both .tmp files

Jackcoms 16:44 23 Feb 07

"I should mention that they are both .tmp files"

You've answered your own question then.

They're temporary files which Windows produces all the time.

They don't serve any useful long-term purpose and a lot disappear when you shut down your PC.

Forget about them.

uesquebeathus 16:59 23 Feb 07

Recycler can be a folder created by a virus/trojan trackingcookie.207, .Atdmt, .Ru4, .Liveperson.
the only reference to the files are used in Game cheats software, which are often used to infect gullable computer users. sorry
start your computer up in Safe Mode then run your Antivirus or download a trial of AVG-Antispyware

anniesboy68 17:56 26 Feb 07

And where is this RECYCLER folder, because I cannot find it. It is listed as a folder to scan with Virgins PC Guard, but thats the only mention!!

VoG II 18:00 26 Feb 07

You may need to enable viewing of hidden files and folders:

1. Click Start.
2. Click My Computer.
3. Select the Tools menu and click Folder Options.
4. Select the View Tab.
5. Under the Hidden files and folders heading select Show hidden files and folders.
6. Click Yes to confirm.
7. Uncheck the Hide file extensions for known file types.
8. Click OK.

Search for Hidden Files
By default, the Search companion does not search for hidden files. Because of this, you may be unable to find files, even though they exist on the drive.

To search for hidden or system files in Windows XP:

Click Start, click Search, click All files and folders, and then click More advanced options.

Click to select the Search hidden files and folders check boxes.

anniesboy68 19:35 26 Feb 07

Vog..thanks, all done! AB68

anniesboy68 16:04 01 Mar 07

Am still getting these RBxx.tmp files appearing in the recycle bin. I've not put them there!!!!
Wonder why they've started appearing?

VoG II 16:11 01 Mar 07

PC Guard? click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…