Recycler folder

sms 10:50 16 Apr 04

My anti-virus saya there is a trojan in the recycler file. It deletes it but when I start again it comes back . I would like to got to the recycler file but it is hidden. I have sey control panel to show all files but it is still hidden. The properties saya there are 120mb. What is the function of this folder, how do I get access and can I delete files in ths folder without serious consequnces

temp003 11:05 16 Apr 04

It's where the files in the Recycle Bin are stored. On NTFS file system, the folder is called Recycler, and on FAT32, called Recycled.

It's a "protected operating system file". Go back to Folder Options, View, and untick the "hide protected os files". Confirm. click OK (you can change it back afterwards.)

Then double click the C:\Recycler folder. Double click the icon(s) (like the recycle bin icon), and delete the files there. The files inside are safe to delete - as long as you intend to delete them.

temp003 11:11 16 Apr 04

If the trojan seems to keep coming back, you should also check your startup entries to see if there are funny entries which run at startup, and untick them.

If you get a message, when you try to delete the file from Recycler, that it's in use, make a note of the file name, open Task Manager, find the file name, highlight and end the process. Then try to delete it. If this still doesn't work, boot into Safe Mode and try deleting again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…