Recycle Bin WON’T WORK (XP)

David4637 15:57 09 Jul 08

I have 2 photoshop files (*.psd) which can not be deleted. It says each one is being used by another person / program – ALL programs closed, I rebooted.
I cannot use Restore, or copy them out of the Recycle Bin, gives the same message as above.
If I right hand click on one of them it brings a dialog box with a Restore Button. Press this, get the same message.
If I delete any other file, it can be deleted individually in the Recycle Bin.
Any one please with some ideas of deleting these 2 files?
Thanks
David

VoG II 16:03 09 Jul 08

Try Unlocker click here

Terry Brown 16:43 09 Jul 08

ry changing the extention to (e.g) bak, then deleting, if that fails restart in safe mode and try again.
Terry

David4637 15:35 10 Jul 08

Thanks for your replies. After 2 reboots I managed to delete them both.

Terry - As a matter of interest I could not change the file extension to *.bak in the recycle bin - the rename, or F2 would not work. It was worth trying.

VOG - I did not have to use Unlocker - have you used it to delete files in the recycle bin, or does it remove a read only type of problem.
Thanks again David

David4637 15:43 10 Jul 08

VOG - further to above post, looked at Unlocker, it did not refer to deleting files in the recycle bin, but from "normal" folders and files, hence my query above - will it work on the recycle bin? Thanks David

David4637 13:29 11 Jul 08

VOG could you please let me know? Thanks David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…