Recycle Bin in Vista

pppc 10:50 04 Nov 10

Does anyone know where/how VISTA keeps its Recycle Bin(s)??? I have been in the practice of monitoring it with a home made program (since it was the SENTRY file!) but although I show Hidden files I cannot see it in Explorer
Taa

PC

On my Vista machine it lists, in Properties, Recycle Bin Location: Space Available.

pppc 11:16 04 Nov 10

Hi Undyer. Many thanks for responding - but that is not what I want. I need the file namr and location in order to open and read it.

Best wishes

PeterC

BRYNIT 11:19 04 Nov 10

To see it in explorer you need to show protected system files. This will show all protected system file which is not advisable. They are hidden to prevent you from accidentally deleting them.

Woolwell 11:24 04 Nov 10

Understand that it is a hidden system file at C:\$Recycle.Bin\<USER SID>\.

System files do not show up unless you also tick that option.

However why bother monitoring it?

pppc 11:38 04 Nov 10

Many thanks - I thought I had selected 'Show Protected ..' but now I found the option in a different place - without the warning note. I seem to have two Recycle Bins in C;/$RECYCLE.BIN - I'll have a play with them.

Woolwell a reasonable question - answer 'Little things please little minds' I like playing. :-)

Many thanks both

P

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…