Recycle bin trashed

Kate B 22:26 13 Sep 06

Perhaps I'm missing something very obvious, but my recycle bin has vanished from my desktop and I can't get it back through any of the usual methods, though I can still delete and I get the "do you really want to put this in the bin?" button.

Presumably therefore it is full of files that could do with deleting and releasing the HDD space for overwriting. Is there a command I can run from the command prompt? Or can someone suggest a way of getting it back? I'm building up to a repair install of XP, but the rest of my Windows installation is fine.

Trackrat 23:19 13 Sep 06

This any help.
click here

alan2273 23:22 13 Sep 06

1. Click Start, and then click My Computer.
2. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
3. Click the View tab, and then click to clear the Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) check box.
4. Click Yes when the warning message appears, and then click OK to close the Folder Options dialog box.
5. Click Folders on the toolbar.

Note If Folders is not visible on the toolbar, point to Toolbars on the View menu, and then click Standard Buttons.
6. In the left pane, under Folders, locate the Recycle Bin folder, and then drag the Recycle Bin folder to the desktop.
7. On the Tools menu, click Folder Options.
8. Click the View tab, and then click to select the Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) check box. Click OK.

Forum Editor 23:56 13 Sep 06

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced