Recycle bin Strange one ??

geoff47 18 May 12
Answered

I deleted two images while working in Photoshop. Later I tried to empty the recycle bin, but it told me the images were in use by another program, fair enough I thought, windows just being moody. I then emptied everything else manually. I shall empty them next time I said to myself, they will not 'be in use by another program' then. Next time I booted the PC the recycle bin shows as overflowing, like it does when something is in there, but on opening it, it is empty.

The images are gone, but why does the recycle bin show as if it has rubbish in it when it doesn't ?

KRONOS the First 18 May 12

Did you try restore the icons?

Click on Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Display -> Desktop -> Customize Desktop -> select each recycle bin icon and try click restore on both, if not try change icon.

geoff47 18 May 12
Answer

Chronus, that did it, thanks.

It wasn't worrying me too much, just wondered why it had not returned to normal.

KRONOS the First 18 May 12

Your welcome.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message