recycle bin problem

geordiebloke 23:09 03 Sep 05

I have a problem with the Recycle Bin on XP. Any files I delete are not viewable in the bin! I have checked to make sure that the option to delete files automatically is not checked and there is files in the bin (29 apparently)but can't see them. any ideas??

VoG II 10:06 04 Sep 05

This may work in XP click here

gudgulf 10:40 04 Sep 05

There is a simple thing to try.........Create a new folder using Explorer.It does not need a title and it does not need any contenet.

Delete it and open the recycle bin.....if the folder you have deleted is visible then empty the recycle bin.That should also clear the files you know are there but can't see.

Once that's done the recycle bin should be working normally again.

IMPORTANT.......some of the methods in VoG™'s link may give you access to the files you can't see again.If there is anything in the recycle bin you want to restore use the Microsoft instructions first.

geordiebloke 11:53 04 Sep 05

Thanks. Tried Microsofts 'fix' but I just get a message that the pc " cannot find the path specified" Unfortunately I think there is something in there I need to access so I can't just try to empty the bin.

Number 7 12:51 04 Sep 05

click here and scroll down to Recycle Bin- Deleting Problems.

There are some suggestions for a fix depending on whether the file system is FAT32 or NTFS.

geordiebloke 15:20 04 Sep 05

thanks all,should hopefully sort it from there

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…