Recycle bin mystery

Stephanie 21:54 05 Feb 04

I am running XP home and have lately started having a problem with my Recycle Bin icon on the desktop. I changed the icon for it in display properties, but lately (I'm not sure how long it has been happening) it keeps reverting to the default icon. This evening it saw it happen as I passed the mouse pointer over it.
Anyone got any ideas why this has started happening?
I have, unfortunately, installed several progs recently and I don't feel it's worth uninstalling them all individually to see what's causing it as it's not really a serious problem. I'd just like to know if anyone else has seen this behaviour.

MichelleC 22:54 05 Feb 04

It's maybe just a corrupt system file. Try command prompt, type sfc /scannow and put in xp disc.

Stephanie 23:36 05 Feb 04

Thanks, MichelleC. I've just run sfc and it did find a corrupt dll file which I've replaced. I'll report back on whether the problem is solved in a couple of days.

Stephanie 19:07 10 Feb 04

I'm afraid my problem has still not been solved. I have found that it is only happening on my user profile not the two others, so I suspect that it is caused by something that I alone run but I just can't isolate what.

Any more ideas please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…