Recycle Bin empty??

Helenasks 14:49 23 Feb 04

I use XP Pro. When I send a doc to the recycle bin, then go to the recycle bin the doc is not there as if it has automatically emptied. I have not told it to automatically delete and have checked that this is not ticked in the properties page. Unfortunately I deleted 3 word documents by accident and now do not know how to recover these. I also have a c and d drive on the laptop, don't know if this is relevant.
Can anyone help??
Ps also try to use uneraser with no success as when I boot up the machine it doesn't boot up from the floppy

jim1947 15:07 23 Feb 04

What are your settings for the amount of space per disk for recycle bin to use?. If they are set to zero then recycle bin will just delete the files when you send them there.

Wak 15:27 23 Feb 04

Hi Helen, I don't know if this will be of any help to you but there is a FREE program called Restoration 2514 (find it using Google) which will allow you to find and restore files and folders even when they have been removed from the Recycle bin.
It can be used with Win 95 up to and including XP and also with either Fat32 or NTFS systems.
It is also small enough to use from a floppy so that you do not overwrite any of the files you are trying to recover.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos