Recycle bin contains Windows folder.

teletoter 20:51 05 Apr 07

When I go to empty the recycle bin I am asked if I really want to delete "Windows". Is it OK to carry on as long as the windows folder is on my C drive?

malgall 21:21 05 Apr 07

how long has this folder been deleted into your
recycle bin

VoG II 21:24 05 Apr 07

As Windows is too big to fit in the Recycle Bin I doubt if it is really there.

Do you have an image backup like Acronis or Ghost to go back to if things went pear shaped?

skidzy 21:41 05 Apr 07

Is this a msxml document by any chance,if so it will be ok to remove.As a precaution,create a system restore point first.

Also take a look at this thread,click here
and follow the replies.

It looks like you will not be allowed to remove it unless hidden folders are shown.

teletoter 22:12 05 Apr 07

Just deleted it and everything fine.

skidzy 22:26 05 Apr 07

have you rebooted ? if not i suggest you do,just incase.

woodchip 22:53 05 Apr 07

Windows will not let you delete any windows system folder or file

PaulB2005 07:34 06 Apr 07

"Windows will not let you delete any windows system folder or file"

Hmm.... Sure? I mean if the file is in use then the same rules apply that apply to all files that are in use. However I've turned up to see many PCs where the user "Cleaned up the useless junk from the Windows folder" and was then surprised to find the PC didn't boot any more. They are even more surprised to hear that i can't just "put the files back" - even though they don't know what they deleted.

Also some poorly written cleaning programs can have a devastating impact on a system folder. Especially if it decides that all the really old files in that system32 folder need deleting because they are very old, as i saw in one example.

teletoter 20:53 03 Jun 07

Thakns all of you. Just deleted it. AOK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…