recycle bin

bagpuss 16:11 09 May 03

it would appear that i jumped the gun.
whilst the deleted files ended up in norton protected recycle bin folder as soon as i closed explorer down all the files that i deleted dissappeared from the recycle folder.

your further help would be appreciated

bagpuss

bagpuss 16:12 09 May 03

further to my previous message i am using xp and norton 2002 works.

bagpuss

Andsome 16:33 09 May 03

I don't understand this. When I delete file they dissapear from the bin, but are still in the protected bin, and stay there for several days. Have you selected to search the Norton protected bin?

bagpuss 17:55 09 May 03

andsome

yes i select the norton protected bin icon

bagpuss

woodchip 18:01 09 May 03

On Desktop Right click recycle bin and deleate protected files

AL D. 19:36 09 May 03

to AL d. sure delete is a bit superfluous when you have norton sw as is mentioned in the question. nsw contains wipeinfo that does the same thing.

Bagpuss i dont really understand how this relates to your earlier thread, and the link to the microsoft kb article, do you have any other utility excersising control over the recycle bin?
and did you actually get the icon back?

woodchip 20:14 09 May 03

Use Norton unerase

bagpuss 12:46 10 May 03

thanks to all i think it works now

bagpuss

hadileen 19:17 11 Jul 03

i have win98se , i accidently deleted the recycle bin from the registry,so i lost it on my desktop, how can i retreive it back? thanks

Andsome 07:59 12 Jul 03

I suggest that you try running your 98 CD, and tell it to install. It will seem as thought it is completely reinstalling another copy and will probably run for about an hour. However it will just examine your files and folders and replace missing or corrupt ones. You should not loose any data, but a back up to CD of essential files is recommended.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…