Recycle Bin

User-394903 11:52 01 Jun 07

Hello,
I recently discovered that I had no recycle bin in which to dump unwanted stuff. It was nowhere to be found. Other users said they didn't know anything about it, so I trawled through the posts of PCA relating to 'Recycle bin' and found found one that took me to Kellys-Korner, where at item 64 on the right took me through a process that installed the recycle bin. This meant making additions to the Registry which is something I don't like messing with. The recycle bin is on the desktop, but for some reason there is no facility in the 'send to' when I right click an item that I want to dump. I can't find the bin anywhere else except on the desktop. All help is much appreciated.

missingit 12:07 01 Jun 07

try this.
click here

MAJ 12:08 01 Jun 07

The Recycle Bin is normally stored (in XP) at C:\RECYCLER. It is a hidden folder though, so to view the folder you will have to go to "My Documents" > Tools > Folder Options > View tab and tick the 'Show Hidden Files and Folders' option, and also untick the "Hide Protected Operating System Files" option.

To get the Recycle bin to show as an option on the right-click 'send to' context menu (it doesn't appear there by default), drag a shortcut to the recycle bin, into your 'Send To' folder, which is probably at (in XP) C:\Documents and Settings\<your user name>.

User-394903 14:05 01 Jun 07

Thank you guys, everything seems to be ok again. I'll tick resolved for anyone who has a similar problem.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…