recycle bin

jimmer409® 17:42 26 Dec 05

accidently deleted my pictures from my docs, running xp home sp2, open recycle bin, select restore, no good, do system restore, no good, reverse restore, no good. do search for some of the photos, no find, search for my pictures no find, open recycle bin,empty, click on delete, popup asking are you sure you want to delete these two files, but the files?? there are no files shown,click restore files, nothing restored, any help greatly appreciated.

Graham ® 17:49 26 Dec 05

You may have just removed My Pictures from the Start menu.

Right click the Taskbar, Properties, Start menu, Customize, Advanced, My Pictures, select 'Display as a link'.

VoG II 17:50 26 Dec 05

Repair recycle bin click here line 64 right hand column.

jimmer409® 17:52 26 Dec 05

thanks graham, tryed that, no good, i think the root of the problem is why are there two files in the recycle bin, both not shown, and why will they not restore.

jimmer409® 18:03 26 Dec 05

thanks vog, i'll try that later, and get back, may be a couple of days or so as the computer is out to a friend

jimmer409® 20:52 03 Jan 06

problem sorted, somehow the whole my pictures folder had been moved to the sendto file, restored to it's proper place and now all fine. thanks for all the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…