Recycle Bin - 2 problems

bob3 11:54 25 Jan 03

First - it appears that files sent to the bin are disappearing (no longer listed) of their own accord i.e.without being deleted.
Second - clicking on Properties does not open it.
Question: does Windows 98SE advise if a file is sent to an already full bin? If not, what happens to the file?
Grateful for any help.

MichelleC 12:11 25 Jan 03

I had this prob even with checking the do not automatically delete box. I've got norton's instead of wastebin now but I think if you rightclick/properties you can change.

jazzypop 12:25 25 Jan 03

Seems as if your recycle bin (which is a system folder) has become corrupted.

TweakUI has a function to repair it (from memory).

Or, try this -

"Cannot delete file:

Microsoft Windows 95

Microsoft Windows 98

Microsoft Windows 98 Second Edition

When you try to delete a file in Windows, you may receive the following error message:
Cannot delete "filename", cannot find the specified path.
Make sure you typed the right path.

When this behavior occurs, you can still delete files in MS-DOS mode.

CAUSE

This behavior can occur if the Recycle Bin has become corrupted, or if you have installed and then uninstalled Fix-It Utilities by Mijenix Corporation, causing the Recycle Bin to become corrupted.

To resolve this issue, follow these steps:

Click Start, point to Shutdown, and then click Restart to MS-DOS.

Type CD\, and then press ENTER.

Type CD RECYCLED, and then press ENTER.

Type ATTRIB -r -s -h info2.*, and then press ENTER.

Type DEL INFO2, and then press ENTER.

NOTE: This deletes the damaged INFO2 file and creates a new file automatically.

Windows 95: Restart your computer.

When you see:

Starting Windows 95 message, press F8, and then on the Startup menu, select Command Prompt Only.

Windows 98:

Restart your computer, press and hold down the CTRL key after your computer completes the Power On Self Test (POST), and then on the Startup menu, select Command Prompt Only.

NOTE: You can start the computer with the Windows Startup disk if it is available.

At the command prompt, type the following lines, pressing ENTER after each line:

attrib -r -s -h c:\recycled

deltree c:\recycled

NOTE: If the problem occurs on a drive other than C, substitute the appropriate drive letter for drive C in the above commands.

Restart the computer. This re-creates the Recycle Bin."

Source - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…