Recovery Program

ben122 19:19 30 Apr 06

Hi
I have noticed that most new computers are shipped with a built in recovery program and do not require an os cd the reset the computer to the manufacter default. My computer came with an oem windows xp cd but i would prefer to have a built in recovery program on the computer, is there in anyway possible to create a recovery program.
Thanks guys for any help.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:24 30 Apr 06

You are much better off with the XP CD as you can use this to repair the system if it crashes, without having to do a total reinstall of everything you have added since acquiring the machine.

you can copy the drive in its entirety using Acronis and can reinstall the image at will from where ever you have copied it to (another HDD or CD/DVDs)

rsinbad 19:30 30 Apr 06

i would stick with your oem built in recovery partitions can become currupt like mine did the recovery disc was then useless.

I have my own xp disk now and no probs besides creating a recovery partition would only take up space.

Better option is to have a ghost image that way you can recover in 10 mins

ben122 19:31 30 Apr 06

hi,what does norton ghost actualy do?

rsinbad 19:39 30 Apr 06

Simple really, it makes a ghost image of your existing os software and all you have on the computer at the time the image is taken, The image can be saved to another partition or to dvds.

if you comp has problems the you just need to restore either from image or dvd.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…