Recovery of old Photos

amyjen7 10:37 27 Dec 09

Hi 18 months ago by PC crashed. I managed to recover most lost photos but one very early selection I thought I had lost until now after discovering an old CD which I produced with the aid of HP Smart Solutions. Unfortunately it will only play on my PC not on any DVD recorders. Is there a simple way I can transfer those photos back on to my Pictures programme on my PC. I run Vista home premium & still have HP Smart Solutions on which my photos are stored?
Thank you. Kind regards

johndrew 10:51 27 Dec 09

Why not copy the photos back to the PC and use an editing program (I don`t think HP Smart Solutions will do the job) to produce a new CD. If you only wanted to view the images with no music/talkover you could use the existing burner in Windows - I presume it was carried over from XP.

I use Pinnacle Studio but there are others around and some are free. Have a look here click here

cheap 10:54 27 Dec 09

Can you not just open the folder on the disc and drag and drop them into a new folder on your hard drive. Then open up your picture viewing program and load them into there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now