Recovery not working on Acer Laptop

Re-staw 17:02 25 Mar 09

Hi, i just made a thread about a driver issue but i thought i might aswell throw this one out aswell.

My Acer Extensa 5220 has a recovery partition, in BIOS view.

C: drive | 32GB
D: drive | 32GB
| 9.7GB

The unnamed drive is the RECOVERY, however after formatting the C: drive and installing XP pro i am unable to boot into the recovery partition anymore by pressing ALT + F10, im thinking it could be that Acer's eRecovery is not installed, your thoughts?

Sea Urchin 17:19 25 Mar 09

Are you sure you didn't format the D drive as well?

Re-staw 17:33 25 Mar 09

100%
The Recovery partition is still showing in the BIOS.

Sea Urchin 17:53 25 Mar 09

Do you have an Acer eManager key on your keyboard? (looks like a lower case "e"). This can be an alternative route to your Recovery setup

Re-staw 18:10 25 Mar 09

There is none of Acers software installed after the installation of XP.

I have a driver called Launch Manager i think this has something to do with all of Acer's programs, i wont install it until im sure though.

E.g. ePower, eSettings, ePresentation etc.

Re-staw 18:11 25 Mar 09

to answer your question, yes there is but nothing happens when i press it.

tullie 18:19 25 Mar 09

When i got my first Acer,i was asked to,and made a recovery disk,this worked in conjunction with the recovery partition.Maybe its different in your case?

Re-staw 18:27 25 Mar 09

Yes at the recovery screen it asks if you want to use your backup CD's or just reverert to factory settings, i have always used the factory settings option.

I really beleive that because Acer's eRecovery isnt installed i am unable to use the recovery anymore...

Re-staw 18:27 25 Mar 09

Yes at the recovery screen it asks if you want to use your backup CD's or just reverert to factory settings, i have always used the factory settings option.

I really beleive that because Acer's eRecovery isnt installed i am unable to use the recovery anymore...

tullie 18:51 25 Mar 09

Is it no good downloading erecovery@

Re-staw 18:57 25 Mar 09

I did that exactly...
It then said you must install Launch manager, i did, then said i need to install Acer eFramework, before i could do that i need to install microsoft NET framework.. long process but i am in the middle of it =]

Will let you know how it goes.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…