Recovery Drive D is full

shellbuk 21:01 08 Feb 11

Hi I have a compaq presario laptop, everything is running slow and i am unable to install updates, when I type this is also very slow and lots of letters are often missing. I have been through the helpfiles to try to find out if files other that recovery are being stored on my D drive, I have went into folder options, selected show hidden files etc, I am still unable to access drive d files to find out as i get a recovery partition warning message and am unable to go any further. Having spent countless nights on line trying to find a solution I am no further forward. Can anybody offer a solution please? Many Thanks

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:20 08 Feb 11

My Computer - select drive right click -properties

Do this for all your Partitions.

How much free space is being shown on each partition?

What operating system are you using?

shellbuk 21:47 08 Feb 11

Hi

Thanks for your reply: local disc c 175 GB free of 222GBand local disc d (recovery) 1.37GB free of 10.5 GB Im using Vista Home Premium

Many Thanks

woodchip 22:35 08 Feb 11

The Recovery Partition Drive is there for that purpose for when your PC stops working, Windows updates do not go in it nor does Windows Restore work from that, Normally its a small Partition to Restore the PC to Factory Specification as when you bought the PC. And it will not slow your PC down, something else is doing that, on the C:\ drive the main one with the Operating System on it, this can be over full Partition not enough Physical Ram. so that the free Hard drive space is used as virtual Ram this is slower, also a Virus or Malaware can slow the PC as some MS Updates can

robin_x 22:45 08 Feb 11

My Compaq Presario (CQ61) with pre-installed W7 Home, shows D=2.17GB free from 13.3GB Total.

This is all of the OS recovery copy and bloatware.
Nothing is being added to your D:

And you have plenty of space on C:

So it's definitely not lack of space.

I am a little worried for you about lack of updates.
Could be a virus. Run a scan as a precaution.

Use Malwarebytes then your normal AV scan.

click here;1

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…