recovery disk for hp G6062EA

cplant 10:55 10 Nov 09

I tried to download vista service pack1 and halfway through my laptop crashed,i turned it of and rebooted but all i kept getting was a bluescreen with system error with error code "srx #1109383514" no matter what i tried(i ran it in safe mode etc)and all it keeps doing is going to the blue screen. The only way i can think of to fix is using a recovery disk to reset my laptop to factory setting but i kept putting off creating the recovery disk.
My laptop is a Hewlett-packard g6062ea does anyone have a copy of the recovery disk or do you know were i can download it from.Thanks in advance.

provider 2 11:20 10 Nov 09

Any help? click here

provider 2 11:26 10 Nov 09

Have you tried pressing F10 or F11 while the system is booting?

sharpamat 11:43 10 Nov 09

go to HPs website and you can buy a set of recovary discs to restore to factory settings ( Around £30 ) you will need the model and serial number.Other recovary discs will not work on your system

If still in warantee customer support may be able to help you get this running

provider 2 11:54 10 Nov 09

May not be necessary if the system can be recovered from the partition: click here

cplant 03:34 12 Nov 09

provider 2 tried f10 and f11 keys that didnt work i think i need to get a set of recovery disks do you or anyone else know a website were i can download it for free or at least order the disks for less than £33 (im disabled and really carnt afford £33 and my laptop is my key to the outside world).Again thanks in advance.

provider 2 09:56 12 Nov 09

This is the site recommended by hp: click here

I`m sorry to say I don`t know of anywhere cheaper but perhaps when I bump this up, one of the other members here may come to the rescue. (I would send you the ones I made but they`re for XP and the hp software allows only one machine-specific copy ... security again.)

When you you pressed the F10 or F11 key, did you do so repeatedly, immediately after pressing the power on button and without waiting for anything else to happen?
Quite often this doesn`t work with a single gentle press, but will respond after some determined persuasion ... press, press, press, kind of thing.

cplant 12:46 12 Nov 09

just like to say thanks provider 2 i will wait a couple of days to see if any other members reply.This is the first time ive been on a forum and you have been a great help thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…