Recovery Disk

honeysuckle 18:15 11 Apr 05

I have just bought a new pc from Tiny but it didn't come with a recovery disk. Is there a way off making one or backing up the hard drive to my main pc before i use it or do i need to pay Tiny for it

octal 18:21 11 Apr 05

Speak to Tiny first, you should have received a recovery disk.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:54 11 Apr 05
  honeysuckle 22:24 11 Apr 05

I opted not to get the recovery disk for tje moment as it costs £70 which I think is a lot

woodchip 22:27 11 Apr 05

If it as a CDRW or DVDRW then create your own by Buying or getting from a Cover disc Acronis True Image You should create a Image file while it is clean and good working order. It is on PC Format Mag or so I have been told, check it out.

stalion 22:41 11 Apr 05

why not buy a usb external drive and back up your system there are some here around £40 a 20GIG harddrive would be sufficient

stalion 22:42 11 Apr 05

sorry forgot the link click here

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 23:17 11 Apr 05

You could also use maxblast3 to backup your system

Maxblast3 click here

honeysuckle 00:49 12 Apr 05

I have another PC my main 1 as the Tiny is only a laptop. Could I back it up to the main pc's hard drive if they r networked together

octal 05:50 12 Apr 05

"I opted not to get the recovery disk for the moment as it costs £70 which I think is a lot"

That's a bit stiff! If its a pre-installed system they should have supplied you with a recovery disk, afterall, if you didn't know anything or have the knowledge about Sysbotz, Acronis True Image or external HD like a lot of people wouldn't how the heck are you expected to restore a defuncted system?

User-312386 06:45 12 Apr 05

I know that Tiny are not obliged to give a recovery disc, however, it makes my blood boil. The majority of Computer suppliers give the OEM disc or a recovery option.

I say you have paid for an OEM so give the people who paid for it an OEM disc. They cost pennies to produce.

I put it to TIME/TINY to please give us an explanation in this forum, why there is no form of recovery on there systems if something goes wrong?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch 2 review | Apple Watch Series 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter, water-resit…